Click for larger image
Kiss Me Kate (2019 Broadway Cast Recording)
Price as configured: $0.00
A new cast album of Cole Porter’s musical comedy Kiss Me, Kate, based on the current hit production from the Roundabout Theatre Company will be available for download and streaming this June. The show is directed by Scott Ellis, choreographed by Warren Carlyle with music direction by Paul Gemignani and features a book by Sam and Bella Spewack, and music and lyrics by Cole Porter.
Kiss Me, Kate stars Tony Award winner Kelli O’Hara as “Kate/Lilli Vanessi,” Tony Award nominee Will Chase as “Petruchio/Fred Graham,” Corbin Bleu as “Lucentio/Bill Calhoun,” Terence Archie as “Harrison Howell,” Mel Johnson Jr. as “Harry Trevor/Baptista,” James T. Lane as “Paul,” Stephanie Styles as “Lois Lane/Bianca,” Adrienne Walker as “Hattie,” Lance Coadie Williams as “Gangster (Second Man)” and John Pankow as “Gangster (First Man).” The cast also includes Darius Barnes, Preston Truman Boyd, Will Burton, Derrick Cobey, Jesmille Darbouze, Rick Faugno, Haley Fish, Tanya Haglund, Erica Mansfield, Marissa McGowan, Sarah Meahl, Justin Prescott, Christine Cornish Smith, Sherisse Springer, Sam Strasfeld, and Travis Waldschmidt.
In the constellation of musical comedy masterpieces, Kiss Me, Kate shines as perhaps Broadway’s most sparkling achievement. This is the winner of the first-ever Tony Award for Best Musical, alive with onstage romance, backstage
passion, comedy high and low, a dash of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, and a stylish, sexy, sophisticated songbook that includes “Too Darn Hot,” “So In Love” and “Always True To You In My Fashion.” Once again, Roundabout catapults you to musical comedy heaven, with a brand-new Kiss Me, Kate.
The New York Times raves “Kelli O’Hara is sublime. She sings so gorgeously it almost melts the theater.” The Washington Post calls the show “Unmissable. Scott Ellis’ first-class Broadway revival raises Kiss Me, Kate’s sparkle quotient to incandescence.” According to the Observer, “this blissfully-staged Roundabout revival packs a delightful comic punch.”
Kiss Me, Kate marks the 24th cast album recording for Roundabout Theatre Company, since launching the musical theatre program with She Loves Me in 1993. The album is produced by Kurt Deutsch and Lawrence Manchester. Major support for this album generously provided by Susan and Ed Forst, Leni and Peter May, Katheryn Patterson and Tom Kempner, and Diane and Tom Tuft. Additional support provided by The Howard Gilman Foundation, Harry E. Gould Jr., Abby F. Kohnstamm, The Blanche and Irving Laurie Foundation, Nancy and Jay Nichols, and The Cole Porter Estate.
- Track Listing
1. Another Op’nin’, Another Show – The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Company
2. Why Can’t You Behave – Stephanie Styles, Corbin Bleu
3. Wunderbar – Will Chase, Kelli O’Hara
4. So in Love – Kelli O’Hara
5. We Open in Venice – Kelli O’Hara, Will Chase, Corbin Bleu, Stephanie Styles
6. Tom, Dick, or Harry – Stephanie Styles, Corbin Bleu, Will Burton, Rick Faugno
7. I’ve Come to Wive It Wealthily in Padua – Will Chase, The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Male Ensemble
8. I Hate Men – Kelli O’Hara
9. Were Thine That Special Face – Will Chase
10. Kiss Me, Kate (Act I Finale) – Will Chase, Kelli O’Hara, The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Company
11. Too Darn Hot – James T. Lane, Corbin Bleu, Adrienne Walker, The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Ensemble
12. Where Is the Life That Late I Led – Will Chase
13. Always True to You in My Fashion – Stephanie Styles
14. Bianca – Corbin Bleu, The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Ensemble
15. So in Love (Reprise) – Will Chase
16. Brush Up Your Shakespeare – John Pankow, Lance Coadie Williams
17. I Am Ashamed That People Are So Simple – Kelli O’Hara
18. Kiss Me, Kate (Reprise) (Act II Finale) – Will Chase, Kelli O’Hara, The Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Company